Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Chicken Salad+ Soccer Ball = Perfect Summer Afternoon :)

Well folks, I think it is safe to say that I am settled into life here in Romania. Things have been going really well and I have been keeping busy. Nicu continues to heal very well and is looking forward to getting his casts off towards the end of the month.

The Ruth School is getting ready for another fantastic school year. Our teachers come back to school next Monday and the students on September 12.

Also, I am loving my new neighborhood. Living in the school definitely has its perks. The students associate me with Project Ruth and everything that goes on here so I have quite a few friends to wave to and say hello as we pass on the street. Yesterday, I had a young man that had frequented our activities this summer and enjoyed a few games of football & snacks with Zach wait with me at the bus stop for ten minutes talking to me about school. We were actually conversing in Romanian which limited the conversation topics but it certainly nice to chat with him  :).

Zach's crew of boys ask where he is every time I see them. When I tell them, he is at home. They automatically think he is back in his room in Bucharest then I have to explain that he is at home with his family in Virginia. This typically brings great sadness yet yesterday I combated the sadness with their favorite lunch: chicken salad sandwiches and cookies. After lunch, I pulled out a soccer ball from my bag which made me almost as cool as Zach. It was a great afternoon. While I was watching the boys play soccer tennis, a young girl emerged from their house. Turns out the boys have several sisters which I am now starting to form relationships as I sit watching the boys play soccer.

This weekend I will be traveling to the northern part of Romania for Sami's, the youth pastor at Providenta, wedding. It will be my first Romanian wedding so I am looking forward to the new cultural experience and seeing Sami tie the knot :)

Please continue to pray for the students and teachers of the Ruth School as they gear up for the new school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment