Friday, September 14, 2012

6 weeks.

My bags are packed. My carry-on weighs more than a small (maybe even large) toddler because of all the chocolate chips, Reese cups and children's ministry books. Today is the day I return to my Romanian home of Bucharest.

Part of my family after my presentation at my home church
For the past six weeks, I have been in the US and boy have they flown by. My days have been filled of visiting friends and family. Afternoons learning how to make my favorite cookies with my grandmother. Browsing through clearance racks (we don't have sales like that in Romania). Lunch dates with my mom. Afternoons in the arcade with Zach. Wal-mart runs with Dad. Sharing my passion for Project Ruth and the Roma people in various churches. It seems like I have done a lot which I have but one thing I haven't done enough of .....  is eating bacon :)

Enjoying the beauty of Virginia with Zach
This evening Celia, who will be at Project Ruth for 3 months, and I will board our plane bound for Bucharest. Please be in prayer for our families and friends as we say goodbye and especially our moms who are left to clean up the messes that we have left from packing.

My blog has been out of date for a while. Sorry about that. This summer was a whirlwind of activities. We had a six week long bible camp for the 1-4 graders of the Ruth School along with many community children. Celia is going to also be keeping a blog this fall so hopefully that will help me get in a better habit of blogging on a regular basis. Thanks for hanging in there with me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment