Sunday, March 13, 2011

I need to grow things???

Plants.
Seeds.
Growth.
All seem like very simple things and I hope they are.

One of the things God has laid on my heart to try and teach the Roma children how to grow vegetables in container gardens. While this skill will probably not sustain their lives, I do firmly believe that they are able to grow some kind of food in various containers in their intercity homes. Also, by teaching them to do this, I will be able to use Biblical illustrations of growth to convey that love of Christ to them.

All of this seems like a solid plan, right? Until I mention that I have NEVER grown anything in my entire life. Not so solid now… The slightly new plan is to "practice" growing vegetables. This plan has to be adapted to the fact that I am currently living in a dorm room so I will be growing some small herbs to begin with on my windowsill. Figure I might as well start out small and figure out if I have a green or black thumb.

I’ll keep you all updated

No comments:

Post a Comment