Sunday, July 31, 2011

Strawberry yogurt is my favorite!

It's official! Strawberry yogurt is Nicu's favorite surgery recovery food. Zach and I have been to visit him several times since he arrived home and he seems to be doing very well. On Saturday, he informed us that he has very little pain in his legs but is just tired of sitting. Boredom effects us all in the summer time when we try to stay out of the heat but this little guy is about to go crazy just laying around because he is use to playing futbol with Zach all afternoon. Tomorrow, I am going to try to go to a toy store somewhere and find some board games. These will be fun to take on our visits to Nicu and also probably will be very useful on many such occasions in the future.

Nicu - I don't have any pictures of him post
surgery because I didn't want to make his
family uncomfortable by taking pictures of their
home. Just wanted you to be able to see the
precious little boy you have been praying for!

Aside from visiting and taking Nicu & his family food, Zach and I have been involved with the local group of boys as normal. Zach has continued to play soccer and build relationship with these boys. A few years ago, I met a young boy named Robert and his brother. After talking to their mother for a while, it became apparent that she did not value education for her children and did not wish to send them to the Ruth School. Three days ago, this mother proudly informed Zach and I that Robert will be attending the Ruth School in the fall pending registration. We praise God for the fact this mother has begun to realize just how life changing education can be for her son!

In the office, Ali & I have been working on school reports for all of the Ruth School children which has been quite a task. I am so glad that Ali was able to help us so much :) This coming week, I will be finishing those and then exploring some new design programs for Project Ruth newsletters and other print formats.

No comments:

Post a Comment