Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Updates on the week!

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the lack of posting but life here is in full swing and I have a hard time finding time to sit down and write out my thoughts. Last week we had what I like to call two a days which means we had club(VBS) in the mornings and in the afternoons. During the week we worked in three locations, the Ruth School and two villages. All of these clubs went very well and the new energy that Callom and Lakey from Mineral, Virginia brought to our group was amazing. In the midst of all these clubs, my mom and I were preparing three meals a day for our crew. I may have mentioned before that we were cooking on a hot plate with two eyes well two weeks ago I decided to can some homemade salsa for the winter and the weight of my pressure canner broke one of the eyes. So we got very creative at cooking a meal for five with one eye. Luckily, yesterday the cabinet man came and installed my kitchen cabinets along with my oven and stovetop. The oven had been installed maybe four hours before chocolate cupcakes were being baked. It was wonderful to now have a fully functional kitchen, it is really starting to feel like home!

Tomorrow, Mom, Zach and I will be heading to Switzerland. While there we will be cooking for a camp of about 200 high school students that live on US military basis all over Europe and Northern Africa. Zach and I will return to Romania on July 17. Our Internet there will be iffy but I'll try to update when I can.

Please be in prayer for one of our boys, Nicu, who has a severe birth defect that has made walking difficult for him his entire eight years of life. According to his older brothers, he broke his arm on Monday and went to the hospital. Now he has met a doctor that wants to do a surgery on his legs on July 19 to correct some of the problem. God really does use all things for good if he hadn't broken his arm he might not have ever met this doctor or had the hope of having this surgery.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all your info, especially about Nicu. My prayers are with him as the doctor does the surgery. Praise God for His blessings and timing!
    May God be with you as you travel to Switzerland.
    Much love,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete