Sunday, June 12, 2011

Church, church and more church!!

Today is Sunday which is the day of rest here in Romania no work, no cooking, just church and family time. This day has been no different except for the fact that my brain has been in overdrive as I try to decipher more and more Romanian because it has occured to me that sermons in English here are going to be few and far between... I do plan on subscribing to some podcasts and watching sermons online in English (I believe Todd Freeman's are going to be at the top of my list) but I still will be attending church here so I need to learn the basics. In years past, I have discovered that hymns are a great way for me to learn the language because I can see it written and hear it multiple times especially if is part of the refrain. Henceforth, I will have google translate ready to go when I get home to look up words that I have scrawled in my sermon notes. :)

After morning church, we went to Oti, Cami and David's house for lunch and an afternoon of fellowship. Lunch was my personal favorite: pizza with chicken, corn, mushrooms and green peppers. For those of you who make think this is gross it is delicious and I must say is better than Denny's bacon ice cream sundaes even though Lydia, Emily and I love them quite a bit. 

These evening we were again at church. After which we dined with our brothers and sisters in Christ from Austria who were visiting Romania. We are now heading off to bed because we have had a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment