Saturday, June 11, 2011

Screwdriver, please?

These past few days have been filled with activity and heavy lifting. Yesterday, the men from DOMO (like a Sears) delivered the appliances that we had selected on Wednesday. These appliances were delivered to the bottom door of the school which is on the first floor, my lovely apartment is on the third. Luckily, Aurel was working late on the Project Ruth newsletter and helped Zach carry the microwave, frig, stove, oven and washing machine up the steps.

For the remainder of the evening, Zach used a variety of screwdrivers to assembly my kitchen table and microwave stand. Mom and I pushed stuff around and pondered the arrangment of the kitchen. Oven and stove tops here are sold separately therefore I have to have a cabinet built to house them and measurements for this must be taken soon so decisions had to be made :)

Today, we tried to take Ali (summer intern from Kentucky) to a monastery on an island in a lake but after riding the metro for awhile it went in the opposite direction of where it said it was going to go so we decided to head back to the apartment for more furniture assembly. Mom and I will be heading out soon to the large grocery store in an effort to begin to stock the new frig with lots of tomatoes, diet coke and nutella!

Side note--- I have lots of pictures to post but am having technical difficulties posting them sorry.

1 comment:

  1. I just got back from China and was on Facebook and saw your blog. Super! I will look forward to reading it and I look forward to our trip there in the spring. Tell Zach I said hello.

    Walter

    ReplyDelete