Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ikea!

Good evening all!

Today, Zach, Mom, Ali and I went to Ikea to purchase furniture for the apartment. I think Mishi thought it was going to be a short trip but it took us about four hours to pick eveerything out, find the boxes in the warehouse, check out and load up the van. We got everything we could think of.... Bed, wardrobe, sofa, tables, chairs, et cetera. All but thirteen boxed fit in the van :) They will be delivered to my apartment door tomorrow. The delivery fee was less than 35 US dollars total. Unfortunately, quite a few boxes fit in the van which we drove there. These will not be delievered with carrying included so we had to carry them up the 2.5 flights for stairs to my apartment. It was like a stair master but better because we had these huge weights!

This evening, we visited with Oti who is the founder of Project Ruth. After our visit with him, we cooked dinner for the children that down the street and ate outside. It was so great to see their little faces again and heartwarming as they asked and then piled bowls high for their mothers and fathers at home.

Tomorrow, we are going to go appliance shopping for the apartment and then who knows what else :)

I'll try to take some pictures of the apartment tomorrow. Everything has been so crazy I keep forgetting my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment