Saturday, June 18, 2011

Our Saturday

We love Saturdays because they are our day to play catch up on everything that we have been putting off. For me this day meant grocery shopping and cleaning... This morning I took the whole crew on then public bus to Carrefour( like wal-mart) to get groceries for the next few days especially since Callom and Lakey will be joining us on Monday which means I have six mouths to feed.

After a long shopping trip and hauling heavy bags back on the bus, we had everything unpacked. This is when I set to work cleaning. The floors had been mopped all week which may not seem like a big deal but the city wind coming in my windows is dusty so cleaning has to occur more frerquently. Once the mopping was done, I sent Zach to the vegetable market to get some fresh cherries for about 75 cents a pound!!! When he arrived back at the apartment, we all gathered around the kitchen table to pit the cherries. The pitted cherries were then cooked in a light syrup and canned. We canned four pints of cherries which I think will make about two pies this winter:)

Today is also my mother's birthday so we celebrated! While at the store, Dad, Zach and I worked together on the secret mission of ice cream cake for Mom. We ended buying ice cream powder and then making it in the apartment. It worked out rather nicely. I topped it off with chocolate whipped cream, coconut, sprinkles and of course candles. We opted not to light the candles because they might have melted the ice cake.

Tomorrow is church day! So church in the morning and evening. I am hoping for a nap in between :)

No comments:

Post a Comment